Wednesday 10 March 2010

The Filling Station (Orange, CA)

Tony scheduled our ROCK Core meeting a little too early; some of the guys were struggling to keep their eyes open. But the great part about scheduling an early meeting is that we got to eat brunch at The Filling Station, just a block or so away from the Orange Circle in Old Towne Orange.

I've heard that they don't have much indoor seating, but fortunately it was a nice enough day to sit outside. And they had heat lamps outside so Freddy didn't freeze. Tony recommended the omelets and scrambles, so I ordered the Old Towne scramble and added sausage to it. They mistakenly gave me a fruit cup instead of hash browns, but quickly remedied the situation.

The Filling Station is a little pricey, but the scramble was huge. It was yummy, but it wasn't like "oh my gosh this is the best thing I've ever eaten in my whole entire life." My scramble had sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, and cheese. Also shared hashbrowns with Garrett. My brother ordered the French toast with three thick slices of Hawaiian bread.


Freddy got the eggs benedict, but the only comment he gave was that it was difficult to keep everything on top of the English muffins. He let me try the grilled potatoes, and I think they were tastier than the hash browns. Tony accidentally ordered an omelet instead of a scramble, but he seemed to enjoy it anyways.

I think overall, you probably pay for the atmosphere and history; The Filling Station is an old converted gas station, which adds to its charming presence in Old Towne Orange. I think I'll have to try some of their other menu options in order to know what I really think about their food, but I was pretty pleased with our afternoon brunch (sorry for the pedestrian review; I guess I'm not feeling too inspired).


The Filling Station
201 N. Glassell St.
Orange, CA 92866
714.289.9714
http://www.fillingstationcafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment