Wednesday 13 January 2010

Shin Sen Gumi (Fountain Valley, CA)

Shin Sen Gumi is one of my favorite ramen joints, but their restaurant has very limited seating so I don't go there very often. But Diana and I had time to kill after our women's fellowship meeting at church. Diana hadn't been there since 2006 (or something ridiculous like that), so we were both really excited to go for lunch.

We got there at 1, meaning we missed the crazy long wait that happens around the lunch rush. Usually you sign your name on their list and then wait outside, but we only waited a minute or two. They seated us at the counter on the yakitori side of the restaurant. I love how they yell at you when you come in and leave the restaurant, and I love that they only really serve ramen (as opposed to most Japanese restaurants in the U.S., where they serve a little bit of everything).

Anyways, I don't like their broth quite as much as some other ramen places, but their noodles are definitely my favorite. You can order the hakata ramen with soft, regular, or hard noodles, and they have the best consistency out of all the ramen noodles I've had. I'm never disappointed when I go to Shin Sen Gumi.


Shin Sen Gumi Ramen
18315 Brookhurst St
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 962-8952

No comments:

Post a Comment